Post to WordPress or post to Facebook. That is no longer the question. Now you can do both.
After reading the hype about social networking and how every company needs a Facebook page I thought ‘I can do that, and I probably should do that’. What a disappointment to learn that I would have to post to both WordPress and my Facebook Fan Page separately (companies can’t have a facebook page only a Fan Page). The WordBook Plugin will automatically post to a user’s status updates, but not to their wall or the wall of their Facebook Fan page.
Yet I saw many companies that seemed to be doing just that. They had posts on their Fan Page walls that looked just like their WordPress posts. I didn’t think they would spend that much time re-posting their content, so I went in search of an answer.
I Was Asking the Wrong Question
The question should have been: How do I display my WordPress news feed on my Facebook Fan page wall. The answer is the Facebook Application called RSS Graffiti Here’s how to go about it.
- Login to Facebook
- Create your Company Fan Page on Facebook
- While you’re logged in, go to the appication (above) and click > Go To Application
- Give RSS Graffiti permissions and you’ll come to a page that lists your Facebook Profile page and your Fan Pages
- Select the Fan Page where you want your WordPress feed to be displayed.
- Select Add RSS Graffiti to this Fan Page
- Give RSS Graffiti more permissions
- Select Add Feed, enter the URL of your RSS 2.0 feed (http://yourdomain.tld/?feed=rss2), and give the feed a name.
- Click the preview so you can see how it will look.
- Save everything